CONTACT ME FOR A QUOTE

Mob: 0404054126
Email: rvbratby@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Going on holiday


What does prep for a prolonged solo "holiday" look like for a caterer plus wife & stepmom? Well, today it began with a shop and some thoughts of cooking ahead. In the 2 hours since starting the following can be ticked off: 4 x ten serves each of soups for lunches done; cooking in crockpot 6 serves of beef & veg stew;in oven 4 serves of chicken & veg curry; in oven 2 serves of steak&kidney. 1st stage prep for chicken & mushroom pasta bake x 6 serves done. 1st stage of baked beans and cornbreadx4serves done. To finish this afternoon: stage one of lasagne x8 serves. Then tomorrow completing all the rest.
It is a good feeling to be doing this because I know that a part of me will be here for the almost 8 weeks I will be away.

Not in the food line but still on holiday theme: I have begun little piles of things I need to pack to take with... and not one pile contains clothing! I also have been doing some computer scrapbooking and ordered a memory book for my grandson cataloging his early years. My late mom's scrapbook done so beautifully by my sister is still to be photographed so I can have a keepsake of this (thanks for the tip Robyn and Cheryl).

A busy time ahead from now till mid July. Guess it keeps me out of mischief hey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, not much keeps our Ren out of mischief, not even cooking!! Looking forward to seeing you over here soon...

turquoiseamber said...

Wow, so much cooking, I bet your kitchen smells amazing! The holiday is coming up soon now which is so exciting - I'm looking forward to seeing you. xxx